Periodically replacing your belts & hoses helps avoid overheating and other serious engine damage.
Belt and hose service performed by the experts at Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center includes:
- A thorough visual inspection of all belts and hoses for evidence of wear or damage
- Replacement of all worn belts and hoses as needed
- Adjusting the fit of installed belts, hoses, and related components
Why is it important to replace my vehicle’s belts & hoses?
Replacing belts and hoses at the first sign of wear helps avoid unexpected breakdowns and the engine damage that overheating can cause. More specifically:
- Leaking or ruptured coolant hose(s) can result in an overheated engine or a vehicle breakdown
- Power steering hoses are critical to safe vehicle operation
- A broken or worn-out belt can leave your vehicle inoperable
How do I know when it’s time to replace my belts and/or hoses?
Belts and hoses are critical parts of your engine and cooling system. To avoid problems, your hoses should be checked at every oil change. Belts generally need to be replaced every 30,000 mi — 60,000 mi (50,000 km —100,000 km).
Signs that you should have your belts checked include:
- Cracks in the belt material
- Splitting, peeling or fraying belts
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check engine light remains on after your initial start
You should have your hoses checked if you notice any of the following:
- Bulging or inflated hoses
- Hardened or inflexible hose material
- Cracks along the hose
- Worn or corroded hose clamps
For more ways to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, see ASE’s vehicle and tire maintenance guidelines.
Related auto services you may be interested in:
And don’t forget, there is always a way to save at our full-service auto repair shop. Sign up for savings today!