Unbalanced tires can lead to uneven wear, vibration, and potentially unsafe driving conditions.
When the experts at Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center balance your wheels, they are helping to ensure that your tires are spinning around as evenly as possible, which is important for optimal driving performance.
Wheel-balance service includes:
- Tire and wheel removal
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art balancing machine
- Spinning each wheel to make sure the weight of the wheel and tire are balanced evenly around the axle
- Detecting and locating any imbalance
- Attaching a lead weight on the opposite side of the tire to compensate for weight differences
- Remounting tires and wheels
Why is balancing my wheels important to my vehicle’s performance?
Day-to-day tire treadwear causes changes in the distribution of weight around the tire and wheel assembly. Balancing your wheels minimizes potential vibration felt in the steering wheel, seat, or floorboard and aids in proper tire treadwear. Getting your wheels balanced can result in:
- A smoother ride
- Reduced tire wear
- Enhanced drive-train components
How often should I have my wheels balanced?
Goodyear tires tend to hold their balance and only go out of balance gradually. Our Goodyear experts can help you determine whether your tires need to be balanced based on wear or mileage.
Goodyear recommends you have your wheels balanced every 3,000 – 6,000 miles (5,000 km – 10,000 km). However, if you’re experiencing these symptoms, your tires may need balancing:
- Steering-wheel vibration at highway speeds
- Seat or floorboard vibration at highway speeds
- Scalloped/cupped wear patterns on your tires